Want to make more money from your customers? Here’s a frequently overlooked tip: Ask them for more. That’s the essential premise behind a new white paper I’ve written in conjunction with HSMAI and Nor1 called, “When More is More: Upselling as a Sales and Marketing Tactic.”
Upselling involves more than just asking, of course. The real keys involve understanding the value of your offering to customers and making the right offer at the right time. While technology plays a key role in executing most effectively, so does having the right people, culture, and insights about your customers. Check out the write-up over on Thinks, if you get a moment.
And if you’re interested in learning more about travel marketing and where it’s going — as well as lessons that apply to a host of other industries, register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World” here.
And you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of these changes, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search