Alex Kremer on Tnooz highlighted the addition of flight prices to Google Maps earlier this week. To put it mildly, it’s a really big deal. A game-changer. For reals. I explain why in my Travel Tuesday post, “4 Reasons Why Google Metasearch in Maps Matters (Travel Tuesday)”.
One argument against this enhancement suggests people don’t search for travel on map services at all, so what makes this a big deal? Well, as I note in the post,
“I think it’s certainly true that people don’t search for flights on Google Maps. At least prior to today, why would they?
But once early adopters begin to gain the advantages metasearch has long promised, why wouldn’t savvy travelers search for flights on Google Maps? “
You can read the whole post here.
Interested in learning more about travel marketing and where it’s going — as well as lessons that apply to a host of other industries? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World” here.
And you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of these changes, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search